CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

From the Mouths of Babes...

Here are a few recent quotes and stories from the kids:

1. About a month ago we were in the car and Sydney had the hiccups. Jacob commented on it and thought it was funny. About 20 minutes later Sydney sneezed and I said, "Bless you." In an excited voice Jacob said, "She has the hiccups and the bless yous!"

2. Yesterday as I dropped the kids off for the day, Sydney came to me and wanted me to hold her. I picked her up and told her that I had to go bye-bye. She looked at me and said, "no more bye-bye, no bye-bye"! It was so precious; it made me not want to go to work!

3. Yesterday afternoon when Jacob and Sydney got home we headed out for a few errands and then went straight to church for a special event. As we were driving to the bank and the post office and to church, Jacob starts telling me about his day. He begins by telling me about the "kind of mouse" that he and his friend had found and picked up. Over the course of about 30 minutes he gave me bits and pieces of the story. The animal was dead...its feet weren't moving and its eyes were closed. Its tail was slimy. His friend picked it up and put it on the trampoline. "We got in trouble for touching it." "It has germs and it could make us sick."

As Jacob is telling me all these details I am dying laughing while trying to keep him from seeing me laugh! I talked to my friend who keeps him and she confirmed most all the details. She did tell me that her husband confirmed that the dead animal was a baby possum and not a mouse or hamster like Jacob told me! Boys are so much fun!

4. This evening we went to Sam's after Mike got off work. We were on the cereal/granola bar aisle. Mike saw some granola bars that looked good. I said, "Those might be good, they're 90 calorie bars." Jacob quickly chimed in, "I like Calories!" thinking that was the name of the item! (He had seen that they were chocolate and looked good so he was on board for getting them!)

Needless to say, our lives stay interesting!

3 comments:

katie and matt said...

Oh I love it! I can't wait to hear Sydney talk! :)

Kate said...

Hey, I'm glad you're blogging Amanda! You have great stories to tell about your kids. They crack me up!

Just Me. . . said...

YAY. . .I'm so glad you finally are blogging. . .I have a new blogging friend!!